Chasing Battleground Achievements

Crooked is good incentive for me to do battleground PvP achievements. I have to admit I have been enjoying boomkin PvP even though I am not particularly good at it.

The best thing about it is that I can actually work on some achievements! It helps to kill stuff if I want flags returned and stuff, and on a side not I can also get some bloody coins. I didn't realise that it was a 100% drop rate for bloody coins with an honourable kill in a BG (I thought it was a chance) and so every time I get a coin I get so excited. I even tell Crooked about it, who is well on his way to having 2500 bloody coins so he probably just smiles indulgently whilst I gush effusively about it.

Last night I got an accidental achievement, not realising I didn't have it already.


I've been enjoying playing with Splatzor in PvP. Warriors are good value, especially when the rest of us are casters, EXCEPT that he kept stealing all the flag returns! I was frantically clicking the ground where the flag carrier fell but he somehow beat it to me every time! I did manage to get ONE return (and I was healing that time!) and that was only because Splatz didn't know the flag had been taken.


At the moment I've been working on Isle of Conquest. I must have done a lot of it back in the day because I have a number of achievements from there, and only have two left to go - disarming bombs and winning 100 games. I'm having difficulty trying to disarm bombs (and apparently you can do it from the other side of the gate) but I will make a more concerted effort. It's interesting, the strategy to win that game. For Horde, it seems to work best if we ignore middle, rush hangar and get people to kill glaives. Everyone dropping into the keep from the zeppelin and running bombs seems to work really well, and it only seems to muck up when the Alliance keep is well defended. As long as a few stay behind to defend our keep then it seems to work well.


In Battle of Gilneas I only have one more achievement to do, and that's kill 10 people at each flag. I actually find that very difficult! I wonder if we go around in a group of 5 trying to kill everyone, perhaps I will have more success with that. I often get caught up trying to do the actual objectives of the game and miss out on those killing spree opportunities.


Alterac Valley has TONS of achievements that I need done, and it's a shame because I am sure that some of my work in Vanilla would have counted for those achievements.

I need a few more wins in Temple of Kotmogu before I can stop queuing for Temple. Nearly there! We actually had quite a good run of Temple last night with us holding 4 orbs - the disc priest from the first game was absolutely outstanding heals, and I am a bit bummed I didn't get to whisper them to compliment them on their healing.

In Eye of the Storm I need to kill 5 flag carriers. Well that's going to be horrible without a DK to grab them.

But I am pleased that tonight I managed to get my Warsong Gulch rep to max and get two achievements for that!


So on my non raid days I need to do more battleground achievements. So if you see me just standing around in my garrison - nag me to go do some battlegrounds!

Comments

  1. Unfortunately I couldn't post a comment on my phone so I've elected to try on my PC. (This is Splatzør by the way!)

    I'm glad my presence in PvP is worthy of a mention in the holy blog, I almost don't know what to do with myself!

    All jokes aside though, I have to admit that despite being tuned and invested into the weekly raids, it has been a nice change of pace to settle back into PvP with guildies (even if unfair amounts of CC and opposing coordination leave many of us either silent with focus or fuming with rage and curses).

    Hopefully once I manage to fund a 710 Arms weapon I can make the switch and practice with the spec in PvP so I can contribute just that little bit more in battlegrounds. With the added side effect of being better at stealing all those flags you really want to return! (You're just too slow!)

    Congrats on the new title and best of luck to those pesky achievements which are just a little bit out of reach for now. I'd like to be around to see some of them pop up in guild chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I should keep up my achievement chasing. Been really lazy with my PvP of late.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(