WoD Alpha (No spoilers here!) - Ironically, NOT meant to be

I was pretty excited the other week when I saw this tweet:


To which I replied I wasn't in the alpha and had no idea how to get into it.  Blizz_ANZ then sent me a DM asking for the email that my account was attached to and they said they would see what they could do.

When I spoke about it to my guildies they all thought it was a scam!  Who says that kind of stuff?  My account was going to be hacked!  But BlizzANZ is a verified account, so I hoped that it was legit.  Though, i felt a bit bad - I can't even level in live, what am I going to do in an ALPHA?  OMG wandering around doing stuff that doesn't count for anything?  EEK!  What a timesink!

I had actually spent very little time reading about the alpha.  I see a lot of podcasters and bloggers in the alpha and had a quick skim so I wouldn't spoil it for myself.  But it was exciting because I had seen one of the dungeons in WoD back at Blizzcon, and I wanted to see some of the new things that were going to happen to my druid.

It was on the 17 June that I got an email from Blizz!  Yay time to start downloading!


So I downloaded it and spent 5 minutes looking around but I had stuff to do, I thought I could do it on some downtime.  I had raids and PvP to do, so I thought Friday night would be a good night, once I finished with my PvP buddies and everyone had gone to bed - time to wander around!

But, it was not meant to be - on Friday there was maintenance and so I couldn't play and now I keep getting errors when I try to run it... Don't tell me I have to download the whole thing again!  Sigh :( But from what I hear, it's on to the next phase of testing which will be the Alliance side. Hopefully I will be able tocheck it out - I can tell you though that the bag organisation thing is BRILLIANT for someone like me! (You can set your bags to consumables, gear, vendor trash etc and hit a button and voila! Bags are instantly sorted and you can even auto vendor all the vendor trash!)

Comments

  1. I didn;t think it was a scam when I saw that but glad you had a chance to try it at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully can see a bit more - would like to make a USEFUL contribution!

      Delete
  2. This autosell option sounds suspiciously like something that would kill my rabbits feet ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would also ruin your steamy romance novel collection Sev.

      Delete
  3. *squee* Now I can be AlphaNavispammed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exciting! Hope you get to get back in there and find more cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be one of those people who miss the totally obvious things and find something really stupid to focus on. That is, if I see it at all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(