Minipost: 2H caster mace? Haven't seen one since Molten Core!

I was doing LFR the other day and you always get the excited feeling when you roll and the die spin takes a little longer than normal because it means you're getting loot!  So loot pops up and I'm all excited, wondering what it is... and it's a healing weapon!

I was surprised, I hadn't seen this weapon on the loot table.  And it's because it's one of those drops that can  drop off any boss but is pretty uncommon.  It was Invocation of the Dawn.

2H mace? A healing 2H mace?  Wow, I haven't had one of those since Molten Core!  Which was when I had picked up Finkle's Lava Dredger.

Obviously there are other 2H healing items like staves which I have used for a while, but not 2H maces!  Perhaps they brought them back for the monks to use?

It looks very monk-like if you are going for the asian look but it doesn't go with my transmog at all!  Yes, yes very vain, I know.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it over my sha-touched weapon, but I saw hat they had heaped a lot of spellpower on it to make up for the loss of the 500 intellect gem.  And with the addition of a socket in it using wrathion's thing, it doesn't look too shabby except that it has no spirit on it.

And wouldn't you know it, I had nothing in my bank for it.  I USED to - but I threw it out in my spring clean because I thought when would I ever use a 2H mace again?  It was Ironsoul, which is from Ulduar.

Fortunately it drops off the Flame Leviathan, the first boss in Ulduar so it is an easy boss to farm and it doesn't take long.  So, I went in there this week and I was lucky and it dropped for me!  Phew!  Arvash came along so he could get Take Out Those Turrets.

So I transmogrified my weapon to Ironsoul and now I think it goes quite well with my current set - yay!  And I do like the look of having a weapon on my back rather than sheathed at the waist.  I love using 2H weapons :)


Comments

  1. Ironsoul really DOES go nicely with that outfit, all that iron and rust coloration.

    Your picture doesn't show the bluish glow I remember Ironsoul having. Was that just the enchantments being used then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another enchant on it but it doesn't have a bluish glow normally when I had it on without an enchant. I saw some pics of Ironsoul and it had a red glow and also a blue glow!

      Delete
  2. Monks can't use 2h maces; it's for druids and shaman. (Unfortunately I'm not a caster, so I won't be seeing this.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh - and paladins too, I guess. ;)

      Delete
    2. Ah, I didn't know that! Pallies I knew could :) Shamans I wasn't sure though, thanks Stop!

      Delete
  3. Ironsoul looks so good with that mog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a good match! Now I don't want to change my mog for another few months LOL

      Delete
  4. You could actually transmog it to any 2H axe, sword or mace since 5.2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True -- but Druids can't use swords, and I'm not sure if they can use axes. This would be a great weapon to allow my Tauren Prot/Holy Paladin to use her Greatsword of the Sunwalker in a Transmogrification set....

      Grats, Navi -- on both drops! Ironsoul looks fantastic with your Transmogrification kit!

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately you can only transmog it if you can use the things you want to mog it to, so that means 2H axes and 2H swords are out. Thanks Kam and Sven!

      Delete
  5. http://www.wowhead.com/item=21407
    Mace of unending life

    Got that while doing my lore master stuff a few years ago and have been waiting on an accessible 2 handed mace since ICC (where there was one if I remember correctly, I couldn't get it though, it was higher raiding than we were doing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! I forgot about that thing - I even had that at one stage - but it doesn't look like a 2H mace, it looks like a 1H. Oh, I didn't know there was a 2h healing mace in ICC. Will have to go find out what it was...

      Delete
    2. wasnt a healing mace, was an agility mace from the battered hilt I think

      also:http://www.worldofwardrobes.net/ looks like a nice mogging site if you havent bookmarked it yet
      and as to the 5.2 transmog changes Two-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
      One-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
      Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
      meaning druid are out of luck with maces.

      Delete
  6. The mogged weapon does look better with your smelly clothes :P
    Grats on the new loot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. /giggles uncontrollably
      yes yes I think that's a hint to change my mog, is it not? /laughs
      Thanks Cym :)

      Delete
  7. Nice whack-a-mole mallet, lol =P

    I like the model of the Ironsoul, I have its sister mace from Yogg, the Earthshaper. Dunno if I'll use it for transmog though, there's so many other 2-handers for pallys to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Earthshaper is particularly exciting as there are so many cool swords to use. Pallies look good with swords IMO.
      Whack a mole mallet LOL!

      Delete
  8. Your mog is gorgeous, of course!

    The pessimistic side of me is grumbling to myself now, oh great, anothe weapon that won't drop for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many weapons to get! I actually would rather a staff from Ji-Kun JUST for the look! However, if only I had as many mogu coins as I had elder charms....

      Delete
  9. That looks perfect with your outfit but you don't look very healy you look very fierce like you're going to pound on someone with that iron mace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mace looks more like some sceptre than an actual weapon, don't you think? Totally harmless looking! /grin

      Delete
  10. Nice to see a 2H heal mace in the game again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(