What? I'm still doing pet stuff? Rare hunting!

Now that I've hit 75 level 25s, I still have to level 75 to level 10 and also fix up all my uncommons and greys.  Hell, I want to be like Sephrenya and have every capturable pet a rare!  OK, that's it!  I have a new goal!  I'll start by upgrading all these poors into rares.

I have a lot of low level ones that needed upgrading.  There were some in particular that stood out in my mind so I thought I'd focus on those first.  And hell, might as well level some lowbies up to level 10. (Thanks Warcraft Pets for the pretty pics!)

First stop - Tirisfal Glades

Some very easy ones to upgrade - I still had a poor quality Lost of Lordaeron and Undercity Rat.  I spent a bit of time outside battling all the Lost  of Lordaeron until I got my rare.  Undercity Rats seem only to be found IN Undercity (unlike the Stormwind Rats which you can find just outside the city as well) and I managed to nab one on my 4th battle.  I love you Terrible Turnip!  No more accidental kills! Still couldn't

Next stop - Darkshore

Darkshore cubs are everywhere!  So it was only about 20 cubs before I got my rare, but I wasn't as successful with the Shimmershell Snail.  Unfortunately you can't catch it anywhere else except Darkshore, so I'm going to have to go back there.  I battled rabbits again but still no rare.  And there was not a squirrel left alive in that place when I was done, as I looked for rare secondaries.  D.E.H.T.A.will have my name on a blacklist.


On to... Dragonblight
I actually SAW Tundra Penguins on the ice between Borean Tundra and Dragonblight!  Though none were a rare... :( And I battled every Alpine Hare but still no rare.  But!  I went and fought Dragonbone Hatchlings until I got a rare Tundra Penguin, so that was awesome - those hatchlings are plentiful! And one battle had 2 Tundra Penguins as secondaries and I noticed that one has red eyes and one has blue!  So I got Ancient to come and take a pic with me with our two different Tundra Penguins down in the Stockades.  It's a creepy place and as Ancient said, I think those humans were cross with us for not helping with their prisoner breakouts.

Hordies are red, Alliance are blue...
Onwards!... Howling Fjord
There are HEAPS that I needed to upgrade from this zone!  I went looking for Turkeys but couldn't get a rare, and then I made my way to the Utgarde Catacombs to find a Devouring Maggot and got a rare after only about 7 battles.  Battled all the Fjord rats but no luck.  Then I went looking for a rare Fjord Worg Pup and I did many many battles - got a lot of rare secondaries - Turkey, skunk, rabbit (FINALLY!) and eventually got a rare Pup.  Then I went back for another sweep of Fjord rats, and there up on the higher ledge was the rare I was hoping for.  A good run!

And finally... Un'goro Crater

Those Diametradon hatchlings are damn annoying!  I did something stupid - I was killing all the Elder Diametradons to get them to respawn with hatchlings when what I SHOULD have been doing was marking the ones who DID have hatchlings and killing all the others!  I didn't think I would ever get a rare - it was slow going, but I did finally.  Can't say the same about the Spotted Bell Frog or Emerald Boa, but at least I captured rare Ash Lizard and Cockroach as secondaries.

Well, I think my next stop will have to be Feralas and Deepholm to fix up my Stunted Yeti and Deepholm Cockroach.  But that's another day.  

Comments

  1. So that is what you were up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the account that Sheeturself is on I blasted through capturing pets so fast that there are many rares I need to go back and find. On my other account I am taking my time and not capturing anything that isn't rare. Not sure which way actually takes less effort, but the way I'm doing it on my second account "feels" better. One of my guildies thinks I'm crazy for doing it on two accounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're crazy too! Though I don't blame you - I would do it on my EU account if I could be bothered levelling...

      Delete
  3. Oh, you got a great shot of their eyes! I think I'm going to name him Arthas, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what I should name mine... any suggestions, Ancient?

      Delete
  4. You are insane,,, and I mean that in the best possible way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I refuse to get cockroach pets.

    Nasty things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think of the satisfaction you get when they sacrifice them for your levelling pets!

      Delete
  6. Ha ha - it's soooo compulsive! I cheated in the end on my Minfernal and upgraded my uncommon, but I think pretty much all of the rest I caught the actual one as a rare. Most of hte ones you seem to have had challenges on were the same one I spent aaaages farming too! Am now having difficult choices when I get my stones picking which of the other pets to upgrade.

    Good luck - sending bags of patience and perseverance - you will get there in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already cheated on Minfernal and I think giraffe is going to get a stone too!

      Delete
  7. Good luck. I imagine I'll go back to capture rares once I've got some max level pets because I refuse to level non-rares >.< but I can't see myself camping rare pets again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like camping rares either - I will happily just use a stone on those!

      Delete
  8. I am in love with that Tundra Penguin He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which do you like? Red or Blue eyed?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the Tundra Penguin is one of my favorite animal pets :) Gotta go with blue eyes -- he should be adorable, not evil!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(