New Rares and Achievements this week

I finally installed the latest update of NPCScan and overlay so now I can actually see where all these rares are.  And now that I am having a bit of a rest from dailies and pet battles, I seem to have more time to do things like taking pics of rares.  I just wish I didn't have an achievement for killing them.... I do hate killing them =/  though, in Pandaria I have that feeling a little less because they are humanoids.  I still dislike the mindless slaughter of rare animals - it reminds me of fur farming!

I had never seen the horde rares in Krasarang before.  This is the first time I had seen them (saw them on the same day) and unfortunately one was being battled so it's a pretty lousy picture.

I seem to see Mogu a lot more than any other type.  Pics are a little rushed because there were others in the area swooping down for kills.


Poor Jinyu types.  I snapped both in battle.  One day I'll get a pic of them all calm and at peace :)  Though I think I do need both of them for the achievement.

This guy was right on top of one of the treasures of Pandaria (belongings on a backpacker) so it was like a double bonus.

I needed one more type for my starting achievement (Could we Find more like this) and I finally found a Saurok.  Now it's opened up all the ones I need for Glorious, but I'm in no hurry to get that.  Wait till everyone's excitement of killing rares has died down.  I don't know if that will ever happen though...


Hilarious this shot.  I was helping Lushnek find Lost and Found stuff and Spriggin was there.  Someone else was swooping in for the kill so Lush hit it as I was taking my pic.

Killing Tauren seems wrong. I'm glad I only have to do it once.  Love the boat though.

I finally finished hanging out with all the Shado-pan dudes...

And I thought I had two achievements from the Theramore Scenario, but I guess not...


And this pain in the ass one...
Really hard to solo.  In fact, I would say darn near impossible.  Do this one with friends.  Party up, let them take all the hits and Bobs-Your-Uncle you're done.  Hearthing out as soon as you're complete is great, just don't take ANY damage before you get back... no falling, no fire, no jumping from heights or you will be very upset!  The Crumbling Hall is way harder than the Thunder Below.  I did Crumbling Hall with Lushnek and let him go first at stealthing, which is easier, because when he got hit, he would just abandon the quest and I could share it with him.  But when it came to my turn, there's nobody to share the quest with me so I would constantly have to run out and fly off to get the quest again....  I was so frustrated that I asked Souglyy to come help (mostly to bring luck) and sure enough, she came and I got it done after that.  I might write more detail on it later if you're doing it with a friend, we'll see if I want to live through that pain again!

And I finally finished Chapter I: Trial of the Black Prince.  I wasn't like Aza who had 53 Sigils of Power and hadn't gotten his 10 Sigils of Wisdoms, thank goodness.  But I don't run LFR as much as the others do, so I feel lucky I got mine.  And lucky I've got an LFR weapon to put it in.

Finally got my Pro Pet Crew, but now I'm power levelling to get to 75... that seems so far away!

Well, that was a good clean out of the ol' screenshot folder :)

Comments

  1. Great shots, and grats on the achieves! The one of Spriggin made me laugh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Euphy! You know I can't do it without you :) your rares map is awesome! Rare map queen!

      Delete
  2. I have had NO luck in soloing either the Mantid or Jinyu rares so far. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Might need to pair up with a buddy to heal you?

      Delete
  3. Yorik sits there and keeps me company while I pet battle around there. I always get shocked and surprised when someone swoops down and kills him cause it's like we're buddies now lol.

    Grata on all those achievements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not kill him again, I've done it once. LOL why are you battling there? Are you trying to get a rare moth? (I haven't had much luck, but I envy Cymre and her one!)

      Delete
    2. Easy one, Cat battles there because it's so beautiful, lol, not for any sensible reason!

      Delete
  4. Good work on the rares Navi, you must be a fricken expert screenshotter if you can pull off those kinds of shots under pressure!

    And holy crap grats on cracking 16k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dah, I'm no expert but I mash buttons a lot. And I only like them out of combat, which is easier to compose when stealthed. And LOL thanks! My toon actually has a little under 16k which is why I wasn't celebrating just yet.. but it's a bit confusing - what achieves would I have on other toons that I don't have on my main (since I don't play the others)

      Delete
  5. I hate to tell you Navi, but people will be camping rares forever! There are still campers of rares in wrath! But grats on all the ones you have so far =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiathy! Oh Damn, now I'm sad.... oh well!

      Delete
  6. Despite being only level 85, I decided to have Kallixta run to Half-Hill, dodging as many mobs as possible. On this simple path, my NPC scanner announced THREE Rares! (Probably because I wasn't ready for them, right?)

    Of course, I couldn't actually see them. It was just a notice and I didn't attempt to target them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(