Thursday, January 3, 2013

Boomkin Tier Shoulders look very Resto

I was doing LFR on Tuesday and was lucky enough to have Tier shoulders drop.  I went to Townlong Steppes to have a look at the Tier and I noticed that the stats were BETTER on the moonkin Tier then on the resto Tier.


Look at that!  Those Boomkins have all the stuff I want - more spirit and mastery!  Why, I lamented to myself, WHY???

I looked for a druid to whinge to.  Oh look, Ambermist is on!  I will whinge to her.

Navimie: Why is it that boomkin Tier gear has better stats than resto?
Ambermist: LOL, because secretly all restos want to be boomkin
Navimie: I am tempted to get boomkin shoulders just because the stats are nicer, and poop to the set bonus!
Ambermist: If it makes you feel any better, a lot of boomkin put resto in their offset last xpac
Navimie: You get more spirit and mastery, and I get crit, BLEH!
Ambermist: The funny thing about that is that mastery is exactly what I don't want
Navimie: Crit is the only thing I don't want.  I don't mind haste or mastery but no crit please!
Ambermist: LOL, and crit is my best stat between haste break points. We should just trade our gear!

Déjà vu... I am having flashbacks to a time when there was a similar situation, in a previous Tier.  It might have been gloves.  And I ended up taking the boomkin gloves.

So, what should I do this time?

I am currently using Spaulders of the Divided Mind, which is a 489 item, so it does have better stats.  However, an upgraded version of the Boomkin shoulders would be very similar to it. So, what I would recommend is you are a boomy who offspecs resto, use these shoulders!  As a resto druid, you would probably benefit from the Tier set bonus and taking this without your set bonus might be a bit of a hit.  However, it's a good substitute if you have the other 4 pieces as your set.

But where does that leave me?  I've decided that I will NOT redeem them yet.  I'll just keep them in the bank until I have 4 pieces and then make my 4 piece set.  But damn, I'm tempted.  I went to look up what my druid heroes are wearing...

Beruthiel is sporting resto tier shoulders, and with 4 Tier pieces except helm and she is running at
3056 haste
8943 spirit
18485 spellpower
4709 mastery
11.88% crit.

Jasyla is wearing Spaulders of the Divided Mind, with 4 Tier pieces and she is running at
3190 haste,
6947 spirit,
17372 spellpower,
4640 mastery
13.33% crit.

Juvenate has also got resto tier shoulders, with 4 Tier pieces except cheset, and he is running at
3070 haste
8800 spirit
16270 spellpower
4080 mastery
11.01% crit

So the conclusion?  I should be wearing Tier shoulders.  Alrighty then.  I think I'll just wait until I get my 4th Tier piece and then I'll do it.  For now I'll just put it nicely into the corner of my bank, in the first bag.

3 comments:

  1. If you like the stats better on the boomkin shoulders why don't you use that as the off-piece and use the other two as the 4P bonus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have 2 pieces at the moment. And I don't have tier shoulders yet, just gloves and helm.

      Delete
  2. Secret moonkin society, starting today. You're welcome to join us. We won't tell... :-P

    ReplyDelete