I will always remember the 7th October as the day...

A lot of things happened on October 7th, 2012.

Darkmoon Faire started at midnight.  And Execute was excited and tried to form a group for the Darkmoon Rabbit. All is good and dandy until some idiot wants to flag themselves.  And then we all get flagged, and then Alliance comes and starts killing us... so we lost it out and they started and we did them the favour back, wiping them as they were almost about to kill the bunny.  And the when we tagged it back, it bugged on the beach, and when we got back into the kill, we were wiped by Alliance.  I gave up by then - precious levelling hours had been wasted trying to kill the bunny!  And we didn't get the kill... what a bad start to the day.


So I persisted, stayed up till a ridiculoustime and finally dinged level 90.  Yay!  Hit my pillow at about 4am... happy at max level, not so happy having to think about grinding for heroic gear.


When I got up in the morning, I thought I'd try my luck on my Alliance toon, Miniices, and try to get some pets Alliance side.  Roshii got a rare Spawn of Onyxia yesterday, so I was feeling buoyed that the stupid thing does exist!  So I ported to Theramore and headed down to Ony's cave... and my heart was in my mouth when I saw the beast pop up with Spawn of Onyxia with little red letters next to it indicating that I did not have that pet.  Well!  It was a grey quality, but I don't care!  I got my last requirement for the achievement, Family Reunion:


And, since Dustwallow is right next to Southern Barrens, I thought I'd try my luck there for a giraffe calf and I found one!!!  It was near Vendetta Point, and I was a bit nervous because the lions were chasing giraffes around and killing them!  Maybe that's one reason why I can never find one.  Anyway, another one I was searching for scratched off the list!

I spent some time in Pandaria, and got my last pet in the Dread Wastes for Pandaria Tamer which also finished my Continental Tamer:


I was so close to 400 by then.  I had 399 and was wondering what my last catch would be.  A Mei Li Sparkler turned out to be my 400th pet, netting me the That's a lot of Pet food achievement.  Woot!  That was what I was really going for :)


A productive day indeed!  And there is still 8 hours left!  I wonder if there are any more milestones to be had today :)  I doubt it, I feel like I've used up all my luck!  I guess now I can go back and camp my Minfernal :)  Here is a pic of me and Venus, the reward for having 400 pets :)


Oh and oh my goodness, this is my 1001th post.  I need a silly rhyme to celebrate!

A thousand and one is a number
That's almost as cool as cucumber
I'm excited to say
That I reached it today
I'm so stoked that I think I'll go rhumba!

Comments

  1. Woo Hoo - go you! All fabulous news and I'm really jealous apart from 2 things - I killed the wabbit last time and I have found a Minfernal :)

    Just need more time to do the rest and get to 400 - think I'm on 350 or so.

    Well done you though! Is great having SO many pets. How are you doing naming them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Seph! I envy you your minfernal.... I haven't named them all, only my favourites. How goes your naming?

      Delete
  2. Grats on your achievements and your milestone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Cym :) I will have to ask your advice on battling these pandarian trainers :)

      Delete
  3. After reading the previous post I am so glad October 7th was good to you! You deserve it! You enjoy that rhumba, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. The name makes me giggle. It makes me think of that old Bananarama song called Venus.... (showing my age here). TY :)

      Delete
  5. I ding today too! Lets celebrate October 7!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Cate :D We will be level 90 birthday buddies!

      Delete
  6. Busy Busy! Congratulations on 90 and the spiffy new pet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Shawndra :D I see you have been going well too!

      Delete
  7. Gratz on 90 :)
    Gratz on pet achieves!

    A huge gratz on your 1,000 posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Pando, I was so overwhelmed with so many things happening! :D

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the 1000th post, the 400th pet, and level 90! Always nice when the universe pauses to line everything up in once happy pounce of awesome! :D

    Yayayayay! *does the Kermit dance in celebration*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Martha you are too cute for words! :D It is great when all those stars align!

      Delete
  9. Gratz!

    I read your limerick to my wife. She was so inspired, she ending up adding a poem to her next blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she writes better poetry than me :D I will go read it now

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(