Töki and a REAL Mog related surprise - A Navispam post


I had my fingers crossed today, hoping that I could maybe catch Töki of Transroguerification, but when I logged on and did a /who of her guild, she wasn't listed as being online.  So I whispered the only person in a major city - Saliman.  The name should have sounded familiar...

"Hi there!  I was wondering if I could ask you a question about one of your guildies?"

"Hey! Who are you looking for?"

"I was wondering if Töki was online?"  but I had this sneaking suspicion...

"It's me!"

Yay!  Boy, was I happy!  Weeks of trying to catching up had come to fruition.

We chatted away about how my Navispams had been going, and how she'd been hanging around hoping every day that I would drop by.  Her blog had been quiet lately, and she'd been studying, and it was lucky - when I had whispered her she was alt tabbed about to log off!  She told me she was excited and talked a lot when excited and I reassured her that the feeling was mutual.  We just yapped and yapped about... LOL I can't remember now, a lot of silly stuff from European keyboards to mog outfits to whether my approach to her was polite enough. 

We were talking so long I finally said to her "So... are you going to get on Töki so we can take a picture anytime soon?"  We laughed, and she switched and headed to Dalaran and tried to summon me.. but with my starter account I don't have WotLK so I wasn't allowed to GO to Dalaran!  So she switched to her mage and came to meet me in Teldrassil, and together we ported to Shattrath.

It took AGES to login because I was still downloading content.  Töki was wondering what happened to me!  I told her it was still downloading content because I hadn't been there before.  She said she wanted to show me something and to come to the middle of Shattrath.

It was still loading and hardly any NPCs were around, let alone A'dal.  Eventually I saw an Ashes of Alar but there was no person on it.  I couldn't see or target the person riding it but the person waved at me.  Töki introduced me to Aelobin.  He emoted waves and pointed at me.  When he finally loaded I noticed he was Forsaken.  No wonder we couldn't talk.

I did feel a bit anxious at first - this was a PvP server after all!  But he seemed friendly and Shattrath is a non-combat zone.  Töki seemed eager to share something me about this person - I wondered if it was special friend or another blogger.

"Do you know who that is?"  she asked me.
"No," I said.
"Aelobin is the creater of MogIt."
My jaw dropped.  OMG REALLY?  One of the add-ons I find absolutely essential for my time wasting was created by THIS person?
"Wow!" I said to her.  "OMG, that is so cool!  How did you meet him?"
"Something similar to what he's doing now," she said.  "He was emoting me in Dalaran, and we became friends that way.  I thought you might like to meet him."
"What do I say?" I said to her.  "The guy doesn't even know me!  OMG what do I say??"
"He knows you," said Töki.  "Well, he knows you now."
"OMG what did you say to him, Töki?  I have to know!"
"I said that I was meeting my friend Navimie of Frostwolves."
"Oh god, I hope he doesn't think I'm some kind of noobie nitwit!"
"What? No!  And do you know what he said?"
"No, what?"
"He asked if you were Navimie of The Daily Frostwolf."
"What?  Really?  OMG!"
"He said that he knew Ironyca."
Surely Töki was joking.  No way this person knew who I was!  And look AT THE TITLE!!!  Herald of the Titans?  That is damn awesome.  I don't know anyone with that title.  These EU guys are hardcore!


Anyway we headed to Stormwind and he switched to his Alliance toon so hecould talk to us, and I asked him about MogIt, told him how great it was, and asked how he got started.  He said he initially created for himself to play with mog outfits, and then he showed it to some friends and then decided to share it.  Holy crap awesome!  And wouldn't you know it, he had an Ashes of Alar on his alliance toon as well!  He was really friendly!  He said he worked with Ironyca and Noelani on something about MogIt for their site.  I think that's what he said.  I admit I was still a bit starstruck, so I was being a total dork bowing and kneeling to him.  Töki said she could tell me was really smart.  Hell yeah, making add-ons?  Sounds smart to me!

I swapped realID with Töki so I could find her any time on the EU servers and chat (because it's so hard to find people at these weird hours of night and it's nice to be able to talk to your friends.  And I admit, after a while I can't remember WHO is on what server.  I wish I had notes next to each server like you do next to your realID buddies and friends.

So that was my visit!  Isn't it amazing the things that you find?  I wished I could have stayed longer but I had to do my grocery shopping, there were so many more things I wanted to talk about!  I had a great visit and I hope I can chat to Töki more in the future. And wow, meeting the creator of MogIt!  Never would have thought to see that. Finally got that Navispam, Töki!

Comments

  1. OMB Navi, that is so awesome! /envious :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very exciting and cool. I am still all omg about that!

      Delete
  2. Whoop Aelobin mentioned me, quite a pleasant surprise :D I'm actually pretty sure it was Noelani that corresponded on email with him, and yeah, it was about a potential future cooperation, but nothing came of it. It's funny, I don't think of people like Aelobin as a Wow player, I think of him as "the creator of Mogit", so you almost forget that he has an actual character and runs around in-world like the rest of us, but of course he does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I never think of all these add on people as players and like you said - of course they must be!

      Delete
  3. Omg, what a neat Navispam and so cool that you guys chanced upon Aelobin and got to talk to him about MogIt! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So squeeee worthy right?? Toki is so awesome for introducing him!

      Delete
  4. I finally get to see the post you told me about. I'm sure you're still as excited about the visit as you were that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you of all people would understand, being one of the first users of MogIt that I know of and the one who introduced me to it!

      Delete
  5. OMG! You got to visit Töki AND THE CREATOR OF MOGIT! Like Ironyca I can't help but think of them as all caps creator of mogit, that should be their title, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA yeah! Better than Herald of the Titans for sure! Aelobin, Creator of MogIt! Maybe that should be a feat of strength.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you stopped by, it was both a pleasure and an honor!

    On a sidenote, I had totally forgotten what guild my mage was in; in seeing that screenshot with the oh-so-lovely name, I'm kind of embarrassed.. In any case, thanks again for the fun visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry about that Toki! If it's any consolation nobody thinks anything of your guild name, but I will fix it up ;)

      Delete
  7. Hah! That has got to be one of the coolest things ever. I love MogIt, so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Kaleri TY for the comment and for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Twas a pleasure meeting you Navi :) And thanks to Toki for introducing us, she really is awesome!

    Lets hope noone notices the horrendous lack of a transmog set on my neglected hunter xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you've made me go look :) Aelobin meeting you floored me, I was that amazed! Toki is indeed very awesome, but she knows how much I am awed by her. I think!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(