Karma is only a bitch if you are

I feel like the luckiest person in the world today, and it was because somebody was being a nice person.

I went to the bank in my morning break to get some money to pay my nanny - it was a LOT of money - and I looked at the clock, and it was only 11am.  The lunch place I wanted to grab stuff only opened at 1130am so I thought ok I'll sit down and do some reading, tweeting etc.  Ooh the Discus event of the Mogolympics is out!  So I went and read through Khizzara's commentary and wrote some comments and got up and started walking.

I was almost there and I went to get my purse and I realised.. it wasn't there.  Hmm, maybe it's in the other pocket.  Um.. no.  I stopped, and put my bag down and started rummaging through it.  Shit.  I turned around and walked VERY VERY fast back to where I was sitting.  Some ladies were sitting there and they hadn't seen it.  I went to the shops I had briefly walked through before, but that sinking feeling in my stomach was turning into a very heavy stone.  Someone must have walked past and pinched my wallet, or if I'd dropped it, I wasn't going to get it back.  Geez, I have to go back to work shortly!

So I headed over to security/information and I was thinking about cancelling my 3 credit cards and going to the banks to put a stop to my key cards and thinking this is crap, I have no ID now, no license... and the money... well I didn't care about the money anymore, I just wanted all my cards and stuff back!  I rubbed my eyes and thought it was my own carelessness for not watching my things more closely.

When I got to the desk I told the lady there I had lost my wallet and I wanted to give a description of it hoping someone would find it and hand it back with all the cards in it - I didn't expect the money would still be there.  She went to a locked section and pulled out my wallet - OMG the lead in my stomach turned into butterflies that threated to burst out of my mouth into an incoherent babble of thank yous and OH MY GODs.  As I reached for it, she asked to see some ID, and I had to bite back a giggle, because all my ID was in my wallet!  So I told her where to find my license and she looked at it and handed it back to me, and I was so happy, I could have danced all night!

I could have spread my wings... and done a thousand things...
I asked her who handed it in, and she said the cleaner did, and I asked if she could find out so I could thank them.  He came down and I went to shake his hand and thank him profusely and tried to slip him a yellow note but he refused and embarrassedly he dropped it into my bag as he tried to get away from the crazy raving thankful lady.  What a nice person!  A nice honest person, and genuinely good.

People have said that it renews your belief that there are good people out there, but I KNOW there are good people out there.  I just feel lucky that I happened to run across one, and I wish him the best of everything, and good luck to him, if the Karma gods are listening.

So, I am in such a high spirited mood that I am hoping tonight will go well.  It's Wednesday, and we are going to get one last heroic raid in before the patch hits next week.  We're going to extend our raid and spend the night wiping on Spine.   But that's OK!  It will be fun!  I'm looking forward to it.  I'd better go get all my fish together and flasks and nobody is going to get me down in that raid.  I think I have enough enthusiasm, goodwill and happiness in me right now to carry me and the whole raid for 2 days!

In other news, I have found the perfect solution for my Tuesday WoW withdrawals (aka server shutdown) - and that's logging onto EU servers.  Spent the wee hours of the morning (when I should have been sleeping) chatting away to other bloggers having a grand old time.


And, since I'm sharing the happiness around, and thanking the karma gods that I had a nice person give my money back, it's off to the donation box for all my favourite podcasts!  Girls gone WoW had some hiccups, according to Akabeko, and it was probably because I didn't donate enough money for that episode!  OK, the next episode will run properly because I'll make a PROPER donation this time!  And Poor TNB has never had a donation from me before so off I go to click the button.

Oh and Hasteur if you're reading this, I can't find a donate button on GroupQuest!

So what's the moral to this story?  Other than putting a donate button on your website that I can click when I am having good Karma? :D

Treat people as you would like to be treated.  Karma is only a bitch if you are.

Comments

  1. Eeek, that's scary! I'm so glad you got it back safely, intact, and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last line. And totally needed to see it after the day I've been having. Glad you got your wallet back! That sort of thing just restores my faith in humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faye :) I know it's hard when you have a crappy day, but I think if I try to believe the best then hopefully it will come true :) I guess there is disappointment a lot, but everytime someone surprises me with something nice it's worth 10 of the bad things.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had such good ending to your wallet situation and I'm sure the cleaner will have good things happen to him also.

    That was a nice gesture too for the donations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope something nice happens for him, he deserves it! And I have to share the good karma it's too good to be kept all to myself!

      Delete
  4. I could use some good karma Nav :P

    -Rosh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just having you for a friend is proof of my good fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The world needs more honest, giving, good-natured people in it; you and the cleaner are prime examples of this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stories like this, sometimes I need a reminder that there are good people out there, and even better that it was you who found one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so lucky and privileged to be around genuinely good people. :)

      Delete
  8. That is so awesome. I don't hear enough good stories in a day--thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(