Blog Azeroth Shared Topic - Tinker or Tailor?

This week's Shared topic in Blog Azeroth was put forward by Effraeti, regarding professions:
Professions are fun for some and a necessary evil for others.  Some of us have farming professions. Some of us have crafting professions. Some of us have a little bit of everything! Professions are leveled because they fit our style of play, help us in raiding, allow us to outfit our alts, and make us money.
What professions do you have on your main? Do his/her professions fit their personality? Why did you choose them? If you chose professions based on your character and not on gaming needs, would that change some of their professions they use?
Navimie has 2 crafting professions - Tailoring and Enchanting.  I had them from the beginning, when I started my toon with 3 friends.  All 4 of us took different professions - skinning/leatherworking, mining/blacksmithing, herb/alchemy, and tailor/enchanting for myself.


Navimie is a cheeky thing.  As a healer, she refused to level her first aid.  She didn't see the point.  When she first came to Frostwolves, the requirement to apply was maxed first aid.  She was almost held back because she didn't have maxed first aid.  So grudgingly, I made her do it.  As a tailor, she couldn't think of anything worse to do with cloth, wasting it on all those bandaids.  After all, cloth has so much more BENEFICIAL uses.  Like being made into items to be disenchanted.

If I could do my professions over, Navimie would love to be a herber.  As a druid, and a tauren, it's one of the best things to do.  Fly in, herb, fly out.  And she loves flowers and plants.  Taurens love all things to do with nature, and especially druids, with all their nature healing spells.


But Navimie really likes the secondary professions.  She loves to make people feel at home.  Cooking, making food and handing it out is such an icebreaker.  And if it's one thing she loves, it's to break the ice and start a conversation.


Fishing is so relaxing, and Navimie does like a bit of her own time to chill out and relax.  It also provides food for her to cook and share amongst her friends.

Now about making money....

Professions don't make me any money.  I am hopeless at it.   Even if I did herbing and I had excess herbs, I'd be giving them away to the guild.  So if I had to change them for money purposes... I wouldn't.  I would however change them to some profession that doesn't so much money.  But tailoring and enchanting are good for end raiding, so I guess, I wouldn't change them really anyway.




Comments

  1. I can sympathize that helping Guildies is a higher priority for you than making money, but it shouldn't be that hard. It only takes one item in demand that you're willing to concentrate on. For my Tailor, it was spellthread. I'd ensure my guild had some in the bank and make a few extras to post on the AH.

    But then I started obsessing over it, camping the AH for good prices on mats, undercutting others by 1c. I haven't found a Ten Steps to cure me of my Auction House addiction...

    So this comment totally didn't go the direction I thought it was going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait Kallixta, you're telling me to start selling stuff so I get addicted? OMG not MORE things to be addicted to!!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Well, with my Auction House addiction, I don't have time for PvP, or leveling more than one alt, or hunting rares. I'd say it was a matter of priorities, but I think calling it an addiction for me is closer to the truth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(