365 days played - good or bad?

Today I hit 365 days played on Navimie alone!  That is one year playing, with no sleep!  The thought is boggling!


This could be taken one of two ways...

Those who love WoW like me, would say "Grats!" as it shows the amount of time and dedication I have put into one toon.  Which you would see on her achievements (massive time wasting!!).  I am amazed that I have spent one year of my life playing this game.  I think of all the friends I've made, all the things I've seen that have fired my imagination in rhyme, story and song.  I have a bunch of friends with whom I have a common interest, and I play my character reasonably well, and know a few things about dungeons, bosses... areas of interest... NPCs named after pop culture... and have built up a massive collection of pets and mounts and other ridiculous vanity items that clutter my bank and void storage.

Now here are some useless statistics some of which are quite amusing:
  • Gold earned from auctions: 4405g 92s 51c
    • Yes, I can't make money on the AH to save my life....
  • Bandages used: 3 
    • I'm a healer!  Why would I need this? 
  • Total Deaths: 7477
  • Deaths from falling: 73
  • Deaths from fatigue: 7
    • My daughter's fault, I'm sure
  • Flight Paths taken: 899
  • Number of hugs: 752
  • Total waves: 1255
  • Materials produced from disenchanting: 10604
  • Items disenchanted: 5531
  • Fish and other things caught: 17038
Now the flipside, would be people telling me how I've wasted my life, when I could have been doing something more "constructive".  And here it comes, what people PERCEIVE as being a constructive use of your time.  We spend 1/4-1/3 of our day sleeping.  Or you could say we spend 2 hours a day eating.  Or 3 hours a day reading a book.  It annoys me how society could think what I do is a waste of time!  Wow is like any other hobby, you invest time in it and you see rewards.

One of the lucky things is that I can actually do other things while I'm on WoW.  I do often get on the game while I'm at work, usually to do small things, like browse the AH, do my Loremaster, or archaeology - those 5 minute WoW things that don't require a great deal of concentration or a focussed chunk of time.  So it's not like I just spent all that time sitting in front of the computer not doing anything, I could have been eating dinner, being at work... 

Since I started playing in September 2005, I guess that's almost 7 years of WoW!  It makes me wonder what I'll be doing in 7 more years... will I still be here playing this?  I suspect that I might, in fact, if WoW still exists, I probably would.

Happy one year of being played, Navimie!



Comments

  1. It's just like you're a level 85 one year old Navi. Gratz.

    Ayelena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and it's a good thing we all got a slice of cake before Maaghun ate it, he looks like he about to devour whats left.

      Ayelena

      Delete
    2. @Ayelena - level 85 1 year old :) i like the sound of that. And Maaghun doesn't eat cake he eats GNOMES

      Delete
  2. grats nav :P

    -Rosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine a lot of the people who think that WoW and similar games are a waste of time spend an equal or greater amount themselves watching tv. At least with WoW, we are interacting with people, learning stuff (I got given a great peanut butter cookie recipe the other day in AV - it was a hk farming premade on the other side) and having to use our brains.

    So Happy First Birthday Navi! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is pretty much what I was thinking too. I suppose I'll just toss out the old "+1" cliche. :)

      Delete
    2. @Erinys @JD - you both know which camp I'm in! Thanks guys :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Navi! Yes, if it's still here in seven years I'll be here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @TotA - maybe I'll have my 2nd birthday by then! :D

      Delete
  5. Grats Navi, Queen of Achievees and Time Played! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Arvash - I am sure there are many others who have more days played than me - especially if you add up all the alts! Mine just looks good coz it's on one toon /grin

      Delete
  6. Holy moly, Navi! Happy first birthday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ninevi - Do you think I sound old at one Ninevi? LOL :D

      Delete
  7. Congrats babe! Died from fatigue? Where are you heading lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cate - my daughter is BAD, she loves flying my druid out to sea and killing me!

      Delete
    2. Aww she's so smart! She knows how to play wow already!! Nah she just wanna take mommy for sailing but she can't find a boat hehe :D

      Delete
  8. Wow... *boggle*
    I only came up with 274 days played across all of my characters put together, when I summed them up for your survey a month or so ago.

    Happy Birthday, Navi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Kamalia - you need more time "between jobs" Kam :) then you'll overtake me in no time!

      Delete
  9. Happy B'day and I still remember when you were a calf, plus the time you killed us in gnomer... that was a real "what the hell" moment.

    You know I had a look today and it said Cym was 314 or so days so imagine adding my hunter onto that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cymre - I am sure you and many others would have way more days played than me total :) but at least I can claim single toon high days played

      Delete
  10. I wil not congratulate on your time in game -- BUT-- will absolutely, positively, tell you how much I adore you--am so happy we are friends, and no matter how long or short you've played, I consider that time spent done well due to the friendships you've created. Cheers and hugs to you, Navi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Matty - hugs to you too Matty :) as I said I'm not sure if it's a congratulations, but it's an interesting milestone to be sure!

      Delete
  11. Happy B'day Navi :)

    Souglyy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh. That prompted me to check my own /played time. Haven't reached 365 yet, though I probably would have if I hadn't switched mains in BC. No time for alts anymore. And 365 full days of game played is definitely not a waste when you have gained friends and worked on creative things as a result of. Happy birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Quelynn - TY, and I never think it's a waste, but it is a hell of a lot of time invested in this game :)

      Delete
  13. I'd make you a cake to celebrate, but I'd also eat the cake because I know how generous and lovely you are. Happy, errr, birthiversarymilestoney yearday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rioriel - <3 and you need more cake, you poor scrawny little thing :)

      Delete
  14. Love, I cant find your email :( My email address is katkootah@live.com. Spill me spill me all the juicy things :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I saw your message on my formspring!! I LOVE YOU NAVI, here's my kisses *muakss muaksss muakss muakss muakss* I will wait forever for that :* Still send me an email so we could keep in touch :*

      Delete
    2. @Cate - It's at the bottom of my "About The Daily Frostwolf" page, but I'll email you now so you'll know it! Don't thank me yet! Thank me when it actually arrives!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(