Silly Saturday - Dress me like a superhero!

Ok, so I have Avengers fever.   I was watching it and I would look at Thor and Loki and think... hmm, you know, I reckon you could find armor that looks like that in World of Warcraft... they way they wore their bracers, their shoulderplates... anyway it gave me a silly project to play with.


I thought there was a helm that looked like Loki's helm.  I actually think Sev wears it.  I'll try to do that at some time.


My daughter saw me playing with my Mogit and said "Are you trying make your World of Warcraft be a superhero?"  And I thought... well... I am and this is really hard!  And this isn't a mog, this is a costume, so I was throwing in bits of plate, cloth and mail to try to get the look I was trying to achieve.

So, here's Navi dressing up like Captain America.


And here is a low level BE bank toon that I got to dress up like Ironman.  I think I could do better than that helmet though.


I can't find a nice red and yellow helm, I'm sure there is one.  And there definitely isn't one with a modified arc reactor as the centrepiece to the chest :)

So I would LOVE to see some superhero costumes.  If any of my readers would love to participate I would LOOOOOVE to see some nice shiny pics!

Update:
Here are what my friends have come up with!



Kamalia's Wonder Woman


Cymre's Hawkgirl

Amateur Azerothian's Xmen: Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Professor X, Logan, Iceman 

 Matty's interpretation of Edna "E" Mode, the mastermind beind the Incredibles' costumes

 Effraeti's interpretation of Gambit - WTB Trenchcoats!!

 Chatmay's Poison Ivy (click here to see what she used for the mog)

 WoWInsider's Anne Stickney's Ironman, Thor, Captain America and Hulk - the Thor helm is superb!

And WoWInsider's DC girls - Catwoman, Wonderwoman, PoisonIvy
I have only just realised why she made Catwoman look like that.  Anne has watched the new Dark Knight trailer!  As opposed to the comic/Michelle Pfeiffer/Halle Berry Catwomen.


Anne Stickney's Aquaman, Wonder twins and Green Lantern on WoWInsider

 Anne Stickney does it again! Batman, Batgirl, Robin (OMG it's awesome) and Superman on WoWInsider.

Comments

  1. Hmm, I haven't done any superhero ones but I did do a Zoe one form Firefly a while ago.

    Nice job on your ones though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched through your site and I found it, it's here
      http://www.bubblesofmischief.com/2011/12/09/fun-costumes/

      Delete
  2. Those are great outfits, I'll have to try and see if I can come up with a costume, hmmm, who to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I've debated doing for quite some time. Just so much other stuff on the brain I forget. Of course, Hulk would be the absolute easiest, heh.

    For Thor, go look at my Dwarf racial transmog post. The helm on the one Paladin is as close as you're going to get (though I think there's a different skin color that may or may not work better).

    Oh Iron Man, you and your sexy Hyperion Leggings. Also, there's better shield choices for Cap in my humble opinion. Alas, I'm at work so my .02 cents is worth even less when I can't offer said choices.

    Mrs. Amateur wants to go see it tomorrow. Apparently her booming tea business has allowed her the funds to take me with her...though I'm not 100% certain she's made proper child arrangements just yet...

    Oh, and if you like Avengers...Earth's Mightiest Heroes first season was pretty solid. Unfortunately it's being cancelled after Season Two because Jeff Loeb is an idiot. [/endrant]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @JD - well, I hope you enjoy the movie, coz I certainly did! I will go look up your post.

      Delete
    2. Aha, I found it, this post: http://arcanewordsmith.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/transmog-by-race-part-i-dwarves/
      I assume you mean the Warleader's helm?

      Delete
    3. No actually, I meant Glowing Wings of Hope, though I think there might be a better skin off the top of my head (no pun intended).

      http://www.wowhead.com/item=77153

      Delete
    4. Hey, did you mean the Avengers cartoon that's been on?

      Delete
  4. OMG! This is an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Edenvale - Why TY Edenvale :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last summer for my "Red White and Blue" patriotic RP outfits post, I put together this very superhero-styled mostly mail + cloth hat outfit: http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/kamaliaetalia/patriotic_mail4.jpg
    It has kind of a Wonder Woman vibe to it.
    I'm not very conversant with comic book superheros, so it might take me awhile to come up with anything new & different from this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm done for a bit...

    http://arcanewordsmith.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/azerothian-x-men-or-where-i-swear-at-nav/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My lame attempt: http://wowsugar.blogspot.com/2012/05/but-dahlingno-capes.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Matty - OMG that's so cute! I love it :) putting it on even though E is technically not a superhero... but she does make their costumes, so she is a MOGGER just like the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your BElf helm might not be so good for Ironman, but it looks like a great start for a Magneto set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like someone else joined in the fun...

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/10/avengers-assemble-transmogrify-your-own-superhero-team/#continued

    ReplyDelete
  12. @JD - Oh my, well they put my horrible mogs to shame! :D Anne put some good work in there! The Brilliant Titansteel Helm is a perfect look for Thor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you see the WoW Insider Superhero piece today?
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/24/transmogrifying-the-women-of-dc-comics/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Chatmay - Hi Chatmay! I saw all this traffic coming from there, and they are good mogs! Though I think Kamalia and Cymre's helm choice for Wonder woman is a lot better with the star on it. Her Catwoman helm isn't the best choice though - I agree with some of the commenters, that's a black widow look!

      Delete
  14. OH my gosh! Those ROCK OUT! Thank you for including poor little Edna in the mix, the woman behind the NO CAPES! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankd for sharing this, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow .. just WOW!! These super hero interpretations are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Batman
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-forgotten-coast/Batmandc/simple

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(