Monday raiding - ouch!

It was cranky pants Monday.  Probably because we were missing a healer and our star tank, and we me and Gutsy thought we'd try to 2 heal heroic spine and it was OMG awful (absolutely no mana after 2 tendons), and that's with a 20% nerf!  We ended up doing it on normal, and with 2 healers that doesn't leave much room for error.  Tout came in for Hwired, and we the attempts were messy, but at least it was done.

Then there was Madness.  By then everyone had enough and didn't want to make too many mistakes, but we wiped and wiped - tanks died, the elementium bolt blew us up, and people were not killing the lumpy blister things which made it SOOO much harder to heal.  We ended up having to call it because people didn't want to do it anymore.  Lush was healing and his healing was quite good.

Which meant time for a BG.  Nothing like a bit of good ol' PVP to make you feel better. Az, Lush and Tout joined us.

We had AB as our random BG.  My favourite!  Unfortunately, we lost by a small margin as we lost our 3rd base towards the end and people kind of lost the plot.  Anyway after that it was 11pm so everyone went to bed, and me and Sev decided to do a few Arenas.

Warrior and Shaman.  Ugh.  Warrior anything is always a bad combination for us - wait, no Warrior as part of a double DPS combo is not too bad (unless it's a DK) because at least we can try to kill them.  The damn shaman has tremor totem, so fears are useless, they purge off all my hots and innervate, the warrior stuns and slows and interrupts Sev as he's casting... and we can't burst anything to get them down fast enough.  So that was a bad start.

Hunter/rogue.  Much better combination.  Interestingly, I was just talking to Sev about what it would be like to fight Roshii and Souglyy in an arena match, and he was saying it would be easy, as we have to chase down the hunter and kill them and ignore the rogue or cc them.  And then suddenly we had a rogue hunter combination who were good with their cc's on me, but their burst wasn't enough to take us down.  Pets can be annoying too.  But not that hunter's one, fortunately.

Priest and Mage combo twice.  Oh the poor priest, I thought it was Disc, but it turned out to be shadow, which was good because they oom so quick.  We killed them twice and Sev said he didn't think they would be very happy with us.  No sirree, I bet they weren't.

Anyway, it feels like everyone is sick of Dragon Soul.  A shame really, because I would really like to get Heroic Spine down.  Oh well, even if nobody else is keen, I'm always good for it.

Comments

  1. I'm not sick of dragon soul, I'm sick of not doing heroic dragon soul and wiping on normal afterwards, I'll always be there for heroic progress. Wiping on normal is not where we should be and I'm tired of it, last couple of weeks have been that way - Roshii

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never get sick of raiding, it's way to much fun! And I'm the same as you, I really want to clear Dragon Soul on heroic before MOP comes out!

    Souglyy (baha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea we had some realy sad raiders last night, defernatly not team players. Who cares if you dont want to do it or couldnt be bothered im sure others would have liked to clear it, i know i did!Im pretty sure that the last wipe on madness was delibrate, we all know the fight so there was no excuse there. I had fun laughing at those people anyway even though they where pissing a few people off with there i couldnt be bothered attitude. Sad sacks!! Not everyone is sick of it navi, but the ones who winge and complaing about wipes and shit are ruining it for the ones who are in for the fun.On sunday night i didnt feel like raiding at all, but if everyone was there i would have gladly stuck throught it all night because i dont like letting the group down or individual people for that matter.Turns out we where going to be short so we didnt raid anyway. Anyway thanks for the let down softcocks!!

    Falln

    P.S Sorry for the softcocks comment but its the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People who fuck up on normal mode are the let down, throw your insults at the people who don't put in 100% - Rosh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dps was who was fucking up at the end roshii so mabe you should take some blame there??

      falln

      Delete
  5. And its normal mode so who cares realy anyway?? Its not like we are not progressing if we wipe on normal right? To me, doing it on normal mode is just about having some fun and there for wipes dont realy mean a thing at the end of it all. I know i stuffed up a few times last night but it was the 2nd time i had ever tanked madness and in the end i worked it out myself.

    Falln

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every role stuffed up not just dps, im sure that the tanks and healers all had a mistake. I don't understand why anyone would throw the Attempt. Like you said its about fun... Some people don't have fun screwing around on Easy boss fights, might be fun for you but not for all -Rosh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyway next week is a fresh start, should be good -Rosh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heroic or normal I dont care, its all fun. Even wiping is fun for me as I just lol at the dumb things people do, I mean seriously whats the big deal?
    As for doing somethings on normal I like it as it gives us the chance to try different things and still push ourselves, things like 2 healing spine n madness make it a little more interesting and add a new challenge.
    Wiping so fucking what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gutsy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who was screwing around?
    I mad 1 mistake during madness, I hit leap of faith on HK, I meant to hit D Hym which is my number 3 key but hit number 2 instead which is LoF. But even then this didnt wipe us nore even come close.
    On H spine 1 wipe was me as my healbot etc stuffed up and I cant heal with it.
    Gutsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah! Everyone settle!!
    Firstly, nobody is, or should be pointing fingers at anyone who is a heroic raider. We are a team, we play together, we have our quirks but we all work towards the same goal. Nobody likes to wipe constantly, but remember, if it's not fun, you just stop, like we all did last night, instead of flogging a dead horse. I'll just blame Hwired, because he wasn't there. I miss my Hwired.
    Roshii doesn't like mistakes, and he tries hard, and he gets cranky if we don't put in our best. I can understand, and without the drive and commitment he shows, we may not do as well as we do. We all want everyone to put in 100%.
    Wiping doesn't upset me, as I just love to play. I won't say it's not frustrating though!
    Gutsy, nobody was pointing the finger at you. In fact, I thought your stuff up was funny because it let me get ahead in heals. Ha! And the Leap of Faith of Lushnek was funny, I totally forgot about that. Everyone has days when they've had the poops with raiding - but a new week always makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Navi I didnt say anyone was pointing the finger at me. Just said where I know I did stuff up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't even count that as a stuff up. It was a gutsyism...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have no idea how much I learn, even about my own class, from reading your blog. I. LOVE. Navi!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranky pants is part of my vocabulary too. See? Great minds...

      Delete
    2. @Matty - <3 Great cranky pants minds think alike /grin

      Delete
  14. See what happens when I dont raid

    Lol

    Voe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(