Highlights from my Blogroll March 27,2012

NBI is drawing to a close, and there have been some great reads from these newbie bloggers!

Jaded Alt made a list of all the new World of Warcraft bloggers, and I've been cruising through the list seeing what juicy reads they can offer!

Of course, I have a soft spot for Warlocks so I went straight to Amijade of Warlockery. She wrote about 10 things my Warlock Has Taught Me, number 10 is my favourite!

When does Tzufit NOT do an awesome post?  One of the best druid bloggers (if not THE best) I know, she has written a really insightful post titled Intentionally Undergeared: The Role of Instinct in Skill.  She was thinking about whether healing is a skill that can be taught, and she writes from her own experience to say how for her, healing is an instinct rather than a skill.  That it's not about gear, it comes from knowing what to do, or rather knowing the extent of what you CAN do.  I could relate to what she was saying, because when I try to teach people to play a druid, you can tell them your rotations and what to do, but it is very difficult to tell them how to cope in an emergency situation where all hell is about to break loose.  There is no formula for that, and knowing instinctively what to do is the difference between winning and wiping.  I'm not saying that if you don't have the instinct you will fail, and I don't think Tzu is saying that either, but I think that if you know your class really well, you really know what you can and can't do.

Oh and a lot of us did the Nerd test that Tome of the Ancient put in her blog.  If you haven't done it yet, then go do it!  It's a great little test and worth a good laugh.

Comments

  1. Aw, thank you so much for the kind write-up, Navi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, all my Warlocks have been reading Warlockery lately whenever they manage to push Cat off the computer. It's kind of mean cause three 85 Warlocks against one Cat isn't really fair, but Warlocks never fight fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tzufit - YW :) You always write top notch stuff.
    @TotA - Warlocks are my favourite DPS class. I still haven't gotten around to making mine yet...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(