25 May is Geek Pride Day!

How funny, that we all did that nerd test, and it turns out TODAY is Geek pride day!  So what is Geek Pride day?
Geek Pride Day is an initiative to promote geek culture, celebrated on 25 May. The date was chosen as to commemorate the release of the first Star Wars film, A New Hope on 25 May 1977 (see Star Wars Day), but shares the same date as two other similar fan "holidays": Towel Day, for fans of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy by Douglas Adams, and the Glorious 25 May for fans of Terry Pratchett's Discworld.
So for all my friends who did the nerd test, how fortuitous that it falls on Geek pride day?  Yes, I know that geek and nerd are not necessarily the same things, but in modern culture they are used interchangeably and I am proud to say that I am both. Squidoo had a nice definition in their post about Geek Pride Day which I am going to share:


I found out that it was Geek Pride Day because I was talking at work about my nerd test score, and everyone was hardly surprised at the result, and one of my minions said that he heard it on the radio as he was driving to work that it was Geek day today.  So I had to google it and wouldn't you know it, it WAS!

So all you geeks out there, celebrate your geekiness!  What did I do today to celebrate my geekiness?  I am wearing my Dalaran university T-shirt underneath my Superman hoodie.  And tonight I think that means I will be having a Marvel Movie Marathon of XMen, Thor, Captain America and Ironman!

Hug a Geek today!

Edit:  Cymre had a version 2 of the Nerd test so here is my results!
NerdTests.com says I'm a Kinda Dorky Sci-Fi / Comic Geek.  Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and talk to others on the nerd forum!  

Comments

  1. lolol Awesome! *hugs Navi*

    ~ Effy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm way too ashamed to post my results Nav >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. @tout - we're all nerds here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Science / Maths - 73%
    Technology / Computer - 90%
    Sci-fi / comic - 82%
    History / Literature - 82%
    Dumb / Dork / Awkward - 74%
    I rocked that test!! =D
    -Aza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Science / Math: 84%
    Technology / Computer: 97%
    Sci-Fi / Comic: 96%
    History / Literature: 71%
    Dumb / Dark / Awkward: 51%


    Nerd God :|

    I need to get a life dammit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so much better now that I took the second test, I'm a Cool Nerd Queen! Still crappy at math but computers and sci fi saved me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(