Farming for Transmog sets is HARD


Tier transmogs are so easy.  I liked my T6 look for raiding.  But I wanted something a bit more badass for PVP, so I had been trying to get this set that Effraeti made for me:

I like those pants and boots, but shoes don't show up on a Tauren so may not look as cool but I might be able to get the knee buckles in.  I have to admit I feel a bit queasy slaughtering all those rares, but it's for a good cause.. well, me.... and they do respawn so it's not like they are DEAD dead.  I've got an eyepatch to use instead (I have TWO!) but gosh the farming is hard going.

So... if anybody comes across some cool looking leather that's on this list, don't hesitate to pass it on to me!  I'll buy it off you!

In the meantime, this is what I'm using for my PVP Transmog.  I really wanted to use my Blazewing's Furious Kilt so I built this set around it.  Except for the staff, that was non negotiable.

Comments

  1. Aww, Navi, I am so sorry, hun!

    The Bard's Boots should look really good on a Tauren - I should have used a Worgen to model instead, since they have similar boot skins to Tauren and they look good.

    I wish I had an 85 Horde toon - I would totally come help!



    ~ Effy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Effy - Aww it's not your fault!!! I love that red look and I was working on one piece at a time - I tried farming the chest for 2 days and gave up, then I got a brown and an orange eye patch and I thought, ok that might work! Then I thought ok I'll try the pants but not much luck there either! What worries me is that I probably have had them drop ONCE upon a time years ago when I needed DE mats or money and would have sold or DE'd them :*( When I get the look happening I'll have to make a pic and show you :)

      Delete
  2. While you're getting your set together you still look pretty badass to me, you can't not look badass with that staff! Scary Navi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @TotA - That staff is so cool, I love it. I was in a battleground yesterday and someone said that they liked my transmogged staff. Oh, so now you can see my transmogged staff!

      Delete
  3. I seem to not have any difficulty with dungeon drop gear pieces (save for Dragon-Quake Shoulderguards from The Curator). Now, 90% of my outfits involve BoE greens. That's why you don't see too many outfits on my blog. *sigh* In short, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @JD - oh how did I miss this comment? Yes, those BOE greens are a pain! I hate my rare killing RNG! Poor Rares, what did they do to deserve me killing them over and over...

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean. I really really want the Inquisitor Whitemane look for my main. I've been using this guide http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/02/09/how-to-transmogrify-your-clothie-into-high-inquisitor-whitemane/ and with the limited time I have to play, I'm having to find alternatives to pieces and it just doesn't quite look the same :(

    I like the grey outfit on your Tauren! It works in style and function. My priest is currently running around with flashy/sexy armor and I make a really easy target in open PVP. With that outfit you'd practically blend into the fog in Battle of Gilneas! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(