The best and worst of Symbiosis


Yesterday I was reading about Symbiosis and thought wow, now is that a little bit OP or what?  Nerf our spells a little bit but hey, we'll boost you by letting you take someone else's ability?  Neato!


But since druids are the nice friendly sort, not nasty sorts like those mages (who only STEAL your buffs!), we are going to be sharing our abilities with our target.  And my brain was coming up with all sorts of funny possibilities last night.

This morning I got up and Lissanna has written some notes on how it's likely going to work.  It inspired me to write about what was jingling around in my head last night.

So I assume it's like Hex Lord Malacrass where he only gets certain abilities and they will be fixed, and not randomly picks some ability.  And it's cool how it lasts 1 hour and persists through death - I assume that means of you and your Symbiotic partner.  And it has no CD so you could technically cast it as many times as I wanted during a fight if I wanted different abilities.

So here is my (silly!) list of what I hope Blizzard lets us get, and what I hope they don't!  Note, this is resto point of view only, might expand it later.

Paladin
AWESOME - (where do I start!!) Beacon of Light, Light of Dawn
WTF crap - Divine Favour - because I have no holy spells you bastards! :) though if it worked for nature it would be awesome
AND HERE YOU GUYS CAN HAVE - Innervate

Shaman
AWESOME - Spirit Link Totem (though I don't have totems, so that won't work but I can dream!)
WTF crap - Nature's Swiftness - umm, I already have this ability and mine is better... k no thx
AND HERE YOU CAN HAVE MY - Wild Growth

Holy Priest
AWESOME - Guardian Spirit
WTF crap - Lightwell - OMG don't make me waste my mana making something that depends on other people to actually do something :P
AND HERE YOU CAN HAVE MY - Innervate, coz you guys always need it

Disc Priest
AWESOME - Pain Suppression
WTF crap - Inner Focus - coz that doesn't work on any of my spells!!!
AND HERE YOU CAN HAVE MY - Tranquility

Edit: Thanks to Erinys and Cymre for pointing out Disc priests don't have renew.  I didn't know that..

Comments

  1. Looks like you're quite safe on the Disc renew bit, it's currently missing from the Disc list of spells.

    I'm just hoping I don't get Lifebloom in return, too much monitoring. Wouldn't say no to Wild Growth, even in it's nerfed state though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This new skill will be cool, having other class skills! I wonder if there are roulette pop out in which skill you will acquire? Just curious thought what if I cast this to warrior and I acquired a skill that requires amount of STR (a stat base skills). What I’m trying to say is that you can’t maximize the skill effect/damage for stat base skills since both classes have different stat amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just about to say the same thing regarding renew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Erinys and @Cymre - o.O I didn't know that. Hmm now I will change that around regarding disc... using your table from your latest post Erinys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah but if you had inner focus, you could annoy everyone with it's horrendous noise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Erinys - LOL I think that comment has inspired another stupid blog post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(