15 Days of Screenshots - Day 12 Inspiring Imagery

This post is part of my series in participation of Saz's Through your Interface 15 day screenshot challenge.

Day 12: Inspiring Imagery

Show us something that inspires you within World of Warcraft. This can be a character, a person, scenery that leaves you in aw, or whatever it is that strikes a cord in you. The inspiration it creates can be anything as well: Has this character inspired you to roll a certain class? Does a certain zone make you long to write a story about your character adventuring through that particular area?

I have always been fascinated by Lady Sylvanas Windrunner.  The leader of the undead, she underwent a makeover in WotLK and looks infinitely more hot.  I love her new model, and wish I could have a toon that looked like her!



What is so special about her?  Where do I start?

"We are the Forsaken. We will slaughter anyone who stands in our way."


Artist: Wei Wang
A great military leader who was defeated in combat by Arthas and brought back by him after torture and mutilation as a banshee, Sylvanas was under the Lich King's control.  However, when Ner'zhul was weakend, Sylvanas regained her free will and battled and conquered the Dreadlords for control of Lordaeron and the Plaguelands.  Now she is the Dark Lady, Queen of the Forsaken.

"What joy is there in this curse?"

I try to imagine, what would I do in her place?  Ressurected to be a puppet, clawing back your sense of self, only to find that life - or rather, undeath - is not living.  You have lost your connection to nature, you cannot procreate, your being is filled with hate, anger, revenge.  You are the leader of a people who are an abomination to your enemies and your allies, and with each undead that falls, your numbers and armies dwindle.  Your family is gone, all you have left are your people, and your allies, your burning desire to destroy the Lich King.  What happens when your object of revenge is vanquished?  What now do you do with your life/undeath?  Do you live out the remainder of your days waiting for death to claim you again?
  
"So, it is done.
I had not dared to trust my senses - too many times has the Lich King made me to be a fool.
Finally, he has been made to pay for the atrocities he imposed upon my people.
May Azeroth never fail to remember the terrible price we paid for our weakness... for our pride. 
 But what now, hero? What of those freed from his grasp, but still shackled to their mortal coils?  Leave me.  I have much to ponder."

Artist: Hujianing

And yes, before I hear more, I know all about her using Blight to make more Forsaken but what do you expect?  Dead people can't procreate, but there are lots of dead people around, why not breathe some life into them?  However, making them into mindless zombies that serve only you is not exactly my idea of "afterlife", but hey, someone's got to defend the place.

Garrosh Hellscream: "What difference is there between you and the Lich King now?"
Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: "Isn't it obvious, Warchief?  I serve the Horde."
Garrosh Hellscream: "Watch your clever mouth, bitch."

Comments

  1. Sylvannas is definitely one heck of a sexy queen, even if she is all banshee-ified. She's certainly an inspiring character, even if some of her methods of bolstering her armies are a bit...unethical? Either way, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how her story pans out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvanas are so hot*rawr*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(