Nefarian down!


On Monday night we had 25 people turn up!  So off we went to do Nefarion again (we did have some attempts with 24 people on Sunday) and I wondered how are we ever going to get all these people up on pillars!

A lot of people thought that doing Nefarion with 25 people when we hadn't even downed it yet on 10 was silly, but I disagree.  I think that those people who were not included in the 10 man and would like to see it on 25 man got a feel for the fight and actually enjoyed the challenge of it.  And most people did try quite hard I thought.

So on Monday we seemed to get Phase 1 down alright (it's good having the same tanks doing the dragon tanking on 25 man as we do on 10 man) and we started our attempts at getting on the pillars.  And of course get the interrupts right!  There was one very good attempt where the only person who didn't make it onto a pillar was Faithless and everyone else was on the pillar and we managed to get to Phase 3!

Coolidge tanked the adds on Sunday, and Epidemais tanked it on Monday.  Coolidge did quite a good job on Sunday, and Epidemais though he didn't quite know what to do at first did quite a reasonable job though with a few hiccups to start (having not tanked it before I think he was a bit anxious about it).  He had difficulty seeing the adds at first but after a while I think he got the hang of it (and he may have zoomed out his camera by then!).

So we had 2 tanks tanking adds in Phase 3 but we had difficulty keeping up on heals.  I think we just need to focus on keeping everyone topped up as much as possible and hopefully the tanks can kite the adds correctly so they don't get breathed on!  Boy is that fire everywhere!

So after that attempt we decided to call it and try to focus on our 10 man.  So we had quite a few goes with us dying on getting up on the pillars etc, and we were on our last go for the night.  Cym died then Lushnek died and then I was chasing Thraso around... then I died! And then Thraso died and we were like oh crap...  and we were on 1%.  Cym got rezzed by Hwired but died quickly again :(. We called it and everyone just stood there for about 1 second before they decided to just keep dpsing it see if we could get it... 1500k.... 1300k...1000k... it was amazing we didn't think they could do it, but when they got to 200k it was like.. OMG we can do it! 50k... then BANG!  Nefarion is dead!


There was guild spam with our kill as we got Defendor of a Shattered World, Guild Glory of the Cataclysm Raider, Blackwing Descent and Blackwing Descent Guild Run.

So what dropped?  Can you believe it - there was 2 items I could use!  One was Helm of the Forlorn Vanquisher and Andoros, Fist of the Dragon King!  However I didn't have the dkp for either item - there were 5 people in the raid who could use that Tier piece and Cymre got the mace!  So I have to shamefully admit that I was upset for a full minute when I knew that the Tier piece was going to elude me - and I was sitting around with my blue helm still!  But after sulking for a little I realised I should just be happy that I got the kill!  The other item that dropped was Akmin-Kurai, Dominion's Shield, which Thraso took.

Attendees:
Tanks - Hwired, Thraso
Healers - Navimie, Cymre, Shaimster
DPS - Lushnek, Sevros, Moopie, Xynzelle, Roshii


Now I have the title, Navimie, Defender of a Shattered World.

Comments